Monday, October 3, 2011

Small Town Fun

Our little town recently had it's Fall Festival.  I know I'm a grown up and nothing there is really catered to me but I have to admit I still get excited for it.  Something about it really solidifies the fact that fall is really here.  Plus, each year gets more fun when I watch Taryn grow and remember and get excited for it herself.  Her best friend London and her were SUPER excited to watch the ferris wheel go up.  You could see it from our house and Taryn sat on my dresser watching it all evening. 

If you look close you can see the lights of the ferris wheel. 


























Saturday morning was the parade.  I'm not sure what's going on with Taryn.  Parades do that to her. 


Brecken had the most fun playing with the leaves and grass.  Until the firetrucks blew their sirens.  Then she jumped 3 feet, did the silent scream for about 10 seconds and jumped into daddy's arms.  Poor baby.


Next came the carnival rides.  Taryn is pretty fearless.  I don't have a lot of pictures but she wasn't afraid to do the tilt-a-whirl, a gigantic slide, or any of the other rides she saw.  Her height did hold her back some though.  Maybe next year she'll be over that 42" mark for some of the rides. 

And of course, the weekend was closed out with a surprisingly good fireworks show. 
 Love these three together.  : )



No comments:

Post a Comment