Sunday, October 23, 2011

Only 24 Hours in a Day

Been kinda quiet around here.  I've been trying to spend every spare minute working on adoption things.  Grants, our I-600a application, our dossier completion and getting enough copies of our homestudy made to send in with all the various grants we're sending in.  Whew.  There's still a long way to go.  I think the biggest challenge for me is that I really don't like tackling any project for 20 minutes (or whatever time frame the three little angels in the house will allow me).  If it's doing my quiet time or Bible study lesson, cleaning the house, catching up on e-mails, or whatever, I'm of the personality type that really, really, really wants to just start it and work until it is done.  Having kids has obviously put a stop to that.  I've learned I'm learning to make it work.  I'm getting little Mara on a more predictable schedule so that I can try to guess how much time I might be looking at.  I'm able to squeeze more time between my workout and waking the girls up.  I'm trying to become a little more of a "night" owl and be more productive in the hours after 8 pm.  But honestly, a lot of times I just dream of what I could do with 4 straight hours alone.  Heck, I'd be thrilled with 2 hours.  But, as I look at the season of my life that I'm in right now I know that that's not realistic.  And truly, I wouldn't trade the three sweet girls who need me, the hard-working loving husband that I have the honor of making a home for and the housekeeping roles that should always take priority over me wanting to work on photo albums, send out thank you letters or go to lunch with an old friend.  Becoming a parent has a way of pointing a glaringly bright arrow at my faults and selfishness.  My desire for time to myself is in there big time.  But, with a day filled with these smiles...who could wish for more?  : )




























No comments:

Post a Comment