Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Bubble

I saw on Pinterest this idea: (I'm trying to remember if I've had an original idea since signing on to that site....nope.)

http://playathomemom3.blogspot.com/2011/08/bubble-boy.html

I read the process and checked it against my requirements for new home activities:
      Fun...check!
      Cheap....check!
      Easy.....check!

I know, I know that's a rigorous checklist.  Hey! I've got two babies who are 7 months apart here...give me a break!

I gathered up the materials during a blessed break that my amazing mom-in-law provides when needed (I promise it's not daily....yet) and got to work on it one day when we didn't have much else planned.

Our opening...

It was almost tall enough that Taryn couldn't reach.


Here's what it looked like from the outside. I used two 9'x12' tarps. It was crazy-big. Just a small fan and a small hole for crawling through.




Please excuse my hair/no make-up. I was busy making room-sized bubbles this day!
I was a little skeptical about this all working but honestly it was better than I could have hoped! I didn't think our fan would be powerful enough but it was set on the lowest setting. It was a tad windy out...you know, Kansas....so I put my little 8lb free weights in the corners and that helped hold it all in place. Piece of cake!

Try it, you'll like it!

It was still in use that evening. The girls took their sticker books inside for some privacy...



No comments:

Post a Comment