Saturday, June 16, 2012

Play-Dough Play


When I was growing up my mom made play-dough for us nearly weekly. I loved it. Choosing a color, watching the liquid form into a ball, kneading the still-warm dough when it was complete.....magical! I love getting to do the same thing with my girls and their friends. There are lots of recipes out there but in my experience, this is the best!

Homemade Play-Dough

1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Salt
2 tsp Cream of Tartar
1 Tblsp Salad Oil
1 Cup Water
Food Coloring

Dump everything in a pot and start stirring over medium heat.


This is Taryn's cute friend Emma. She made Lime.


Taryn chose pink.


There is a learning curve to getting it off the stove at the right time. Too soon and the play-dough will be a little sticky. Too long on the heat and it will get too stiff. You want it to start collecting together and pulling away from the sides of the pot.


Plop the dough on the counter and carefully kneed it to make sure it's well-mixed and cools off before passing it off to your kiddos!



No comments:

Post a Comment