Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Offspring Shake

So, I'm not going to pretend to be even remotely cool enough to understand pop-culture and its trends. I'm not in my 20's (as though I even understood it then) and I'm basically home-bound with five children 5 and under so unless it involves the best way to remove crushed Cheetos stains from the couch cushions or the newest Hide Them In Your Heart CD release you can bet I don't have a clue what's in.

But, thanks to the power of facebook and the 13 year old neighbor girl, I was able to get a quick education in the "Harlem Shake". You know, not how it got started or why the heck it is so hard to not smile at, and why so many people in the world seem to have large crazy props so accessible to them....but more like the fact that it exists.

In case you too need to better understand, here are two of my favorites:

 
 
 
Random. I know. But, so as to not be left in the dust, we of course had to get involved. Thanks to our tech-savvy neighbor friend for organizing what we call our Harlem Shake - Quad edition. Hmm...for some reason it won't let me insert the video so you're stuck with just link. 
 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfxCAGyiwK4&feature=youtu.be

Oh, and don't mind that sweet A gets the party started a little early. She always finds it hard to resist a little arm-flap when music is anywhere around!

No comments:

Post a Comment