Wednesday, January 9, 2013

It Came. We Opened. I Need A Nap.

Whew! So, I'm going to pretend this is still December. Let's call it December 27 because that's when I intended to write about Christmas. : ) Until life got in the way. I still want to post this stuff for memory's sake so here we go!

Christmas Eve we went to Derek's parents for food and family and unwrapping. We were sad that two sweet cousins and an uncle had to stay home due to illness. We celebrated Jesus' birth hard for them though. : )

Grandpa always starts the festivities by reading the Christmas story from his Bible.



Then it was time for gifts. We were super spoiled.






And there's the traditional grandkids photo with grandma and grandpa.
8 of the 10 grandchildren....


Christmas morning we had our family Christmas just the 6 of us.








(that was a kid's toy. I'm sure he was just "testing" it out for them.)
The little girls got mini-me baby dolls. I get a kick out of them.




Then, it was off to my parent's house. We celebrated with just them then had more fun family join us for lunch and a day of eating, opening, games and catching up. I loved it all. Here comes a lot of pictures. You've been warned.
































Girls rule in this family!








 
Love came down at Christmas,
Love all lovely, Love Divine;
Love was born at Christmas;
Star and angels gave the sign.
- Christina Rossetti

1 comment:

  1. I love our family.

    And I need that picture of the 2 of us. ;)

    ReplyDelete